Scheiner sentence example
- This was done in 1612 by Christoph Scheiner, who fully described his method of solar observation in the Rosa Ursina (1630), demonstrating very clearly and practically the advantages and disadvantages of using the camera, without a lens, with a single convex lens, and with a telescopic combination of convex object-glass and concave enlarging lens, the last arrangement being mounted with an adjustable screen or tablet on an equatorial stand.
- The first person who actually constructed a telescope of this form was the Jesuit Christoph Scheiner, who gives a description of it in his Rosa Ursina (1630).
- Series), and an excellent summary of solar spectroscopy, as far as rapid progress permits, is in Frost's translation of Scheiner, Astronomical Spectroscopy (1894).
- Scheiner's volume, Strahlung u.
- And similar results to his were in fact independently obtained in various parts of Europe by Christopher Scheiner at Ingolstadt, by Johann Fabricius at Osteel in Friesland, and by Thomas Harriot at Syon House, Isleworth.Advertisement
- Scheiner Diamonds allows you the opportunity to match up your favorite cut and carat weight yellow diamond to your ideal setting.