Schanz sentence example
- Roman Catholic apologetics - of necessity, Thomist - is well represented by Professor Schanz of Tubingen.
- Schanz, however, suggests the Roma and Pratum of Suetonius.
- For a conspectus of Terentian studies see Teuffel-Schwabe-Warr, History of Roman Literature, and Schanz's Geschichte der romischen Litteratur (3rd ed., 1907).
- Hardy, Christianity and the Roman Government (1894), reprinted in Studies in Roman History (1906), pp. 1-162; with the literature quoted in these works and in Schanz, Rom.
- Schanz, Geschichte der romischen Litteratur (2nd ed., 1899), ii., where all that is known of Timagenes is given; Teuffel-Schwabe, Hist.Advertisement
- Schanz, G;eschichte der riimischen Litteratur, ii.
- Plessis, Etudes critiques sur Properce et ses elegies (1886), and the sections on the poet in Teuffel's and Schanz's Histories of Roman Literature.