Schack sentence example
- von Schack, Gesch.
- Foremost among these stand the Schack Gallery, bequeathed by the founder, Count Adolph von Schack, to the emperor William II.
- The swallow who heralded the summer was a German by birth, Adolph Wilhelm Schack von Staffeldt l (1769-1826), who came over to Copenhagen from Pomerania, and prepared the way for the new movement.
- Since Ewald no one had written Danish lyrical verse so exquisitely as Schack von Staffeldt, and the depth and scientific precision of his thought won him a title which he has preserved, of being the first philosophic poet of Denmark.
- This sweet song of Schack von Staffeldt's, however, was early silenced by the louder choir that one by one broke into music around him.Advertisement
- Liebenberg, Schack Staffeldts samlede Digte (2 vols., Copenhagen, 1843), and Samlinger til Schack Staffeldts Levnet (4 vols., 1846-1851).
- Schack, Svensk literaturhistoria (1885, &c.) Schick and Warburg, Illustrerad Svensk literatur historia (1896); H.