Sceaux sentence example
- He was now introduced to a less questionable and even more distinguished coterie than Vendome's, to the famous "court of Sceaux," the circle of the beautiful and ambitious duchesse du Maine.
- He once lay in hiding for two months with the duchesse du Maine at Sceaux, where were produced the comedietta of La Prude and the tragedy of Rome sauvee, and afterwards for a time lived chiefly at Luneville; here Madame du Chatelet had established herself at the court of King Stanislaus, and carried on a liaison with Saint-Lambert, an officer in the king's guard.
- of Sceaux on the railway from Paris to Limours.
- Laing, Catalogue of Ancient Scottish Seals (1858, 1866); Douet d'Arcq, Collection de sceaux (Inventaires et documents des archives de l'Empire) (3 vols., 1863-1868); G.
- Demay, Inventaire des sceaux de la Flandre (2 vols., 1873), de l'Artois et de la Picardie (1877), de la Normandie (1881); G.Advertisement
- The duchesse du Maine held a little court at Sceaux, where she gave brilliant entertainments and immersed herself in political intrigues.
- The following year she returned to Sceaux, where she resumed her salon and gathered round her a brilliant company of wits and poets.
- AUGUSTIN LOUIS CAUCHY, Baron (1789-1857), French mathematician, was born at Paris on the 21st of August 1789, and died at Sceaux (Seine) on the 23rd of May 1857.