Scarpe sentence example
- Corps astride the Scarpe was to secure the Canadian left.
- By driving eastward from Arras, covered on the left by the rivers Scarpe and Sensee, the First Army would endeavour to turn the enemy's positions on the Somme battlefield and cut his system of railway communications which ran south-westward across their front."
- Douai is situated in a marshy plain on the banks of the Scarpe which intersects the town from south to north, and supplies water to a canal skirting it on the west.
- Arras is situated in a fertile plain on the right and southern bank of the Scarpe, at its junction with the Crinchon which skirts the town on the south and east.
- The trade of the town is facilitated by the canalization of the Scarpe, the basin of which forms the port.Advertisement
- Finding Scarpe comfort shoes is not easy.
- The upscale Scarpe shop in Telluride, Colardo, was started by Jennifer Brand Difiore, who was influenced by her time in Italy and knew that shoes can be comfortable enough for walking while still looking chic and elegant.
- For far too many of them, you are merely told the name of the designer - Scarpe works with a number of designers, rather than designing its wares itself - the color, size and price.