Scarpe sentence example
- Corps astride the Scarpe was to secure the Canadian left.
- Scarpe - - 41 41
- By driving eastward from Arras, covered on the left by the rivers Scarpe and Sensee, the First Army would endeavour to turn the enemy's positions on the Somme battlefield and cut his system of railway communications which ran south-westward across their front."
- Of these forces, however, only those astride the Scarpe, i.e.
- Bavarian Reserve Corps astride the Scarpe and the II.Advertisement
- of the Scarpe the 51st Div., advancing at 9 A.M., occupied Fampoux and Gavrelle with little opposition.
- on the 27th, met with steadily increasing hostile resistance, chiefly on the left in the Scarpe valley; the 2nd Canadian Div.
- bank of the Scarpe and the 51st and 8th taken over from the Canadians and VIII.
- bank of the Canal du Nord between the ArrasCambrai road and the Scarpe, and the third a line just to the E.
- of the Scarpe, facing the obstacle of the Canal du Nord and the Sensee.Advertisement
- Douai is situated in a marshy plain on the banks of the Scarpe which intersects the town from south to north, and supplies water to a canal skirting it on the west.
- Arras is situated in a fertile plain on the right and southern bank of the Scarpe, at its junction with the Crinchon which skirts the town on the south and east.
- The trade of the town is facilitated by the canalization of the Scarpe, the basin of which forms the port.
- Finding Scarpe comfort shoes is not easy.
- The upscale Scarpe shop in Telluride, Colardo, was started by Jennifer Brand Difiore, who was influenced by her time in Italy and knew that shoes can be comfortable enough for walking while still looking chic and elegant.Advertisement
- For far too many of them, you are merely told the name of the designer - Scarpe works with a number of designers, rather than designing its wares itself - the color, size and price.