Scarcies sentence example
- Among them are the Great and Little Scarcies, whose lower courses are in Sierra Leone, and the Rio Grande which enters the sea in Portuguese Guinea.
- North of it are the Sierra Leone and Scarcies estuaries; to the south is Yawry Bay.
- In the north-west the district between the Great Scarcies and the Rokell rivers is flat and is named Bullom (low land).
- course; the Great and Little Scarcies in the north, the Rokell and Jong in the centre and the Great Bum and Sulima in the south.
- The Great Scarcies, the Rio dos Carceres of the Portuguese, rises not far from the sources of the Senegal.Advertisement
- The Little Scarcies enters Sierra Leone near Yomaia, in the most northerly part of the protectorate.
- After piercing the hills it runs parallel with 'the Great Scarcies.
- The mouth of the Little Scarcies is 20 m.
- of that of the Great Scarcies.
- South of the estuary of the Scarcies the deep inlet known as the Sierra Leone river forms a perfectly safe and commodious harbour accessible to the largest vessels.Advertisement
- of Freetown on the Fala river, a tributary of the Little Scarcies.
- Kambia on the Great Scarcies is a place of some importance.