Scamozzi sentence example
- Lastly, the square was extended southwards in the 16th century, when the new palace of the procurators, K, was built by Scamozzi.
- Not more than eighty years separate these two buildings; the old Procuratie were built by Bartolomeo Buono about 150o, the new by Scamozzi in 1580, yet it is clear that each belongs to an entirely different world of artistic ideas.
- The Procuratie Nuove, which after all is merely Scamozzi's continuation of Sansovino's library, displays all the richness of that ornate building.
- Many palaces, however, have been wrongly attributed to him which are really the work of Scamozzi and others of his successors.
- Andrea Palladio (1518-1580) was a native of Vicenza, as was also a contemporary, Vincenzo Scamozzi (1552-1616), who was largely dependent on him, but is better known for his work on architecture (Architettura universale, 1615).Advertisement