Scalpellum sentence example
- Scalpellum rostratum, Darwin, Philippine Islands.
- p. 521), palaeontologists themselves have in this branch not very closely followed the progress of their own science, since Dr Ruedemann, in regard to his new Pollicipes siluricus, 1901, speaks of " the enormous gap existing between the appearance of this Lower Siluric type and the next Upper Triassic (Rhaetic) representatives of the genera Pollicipes and Scalpellum."
- Many species of Scalpellum from the Wenlock shale of Gotland were described in 1892 by C. W.
- In the genus Scalpellum, S.
- x.) notes that, while in Scalpellum the number of eggs may be less than a hundred, " in Lepas anatifera it amounts, on the contrary, to many thousands and tens of thousands."Advertisement