Scalloway sentence example
- Communication with the islands is maintained by steamers from Leith and Aberdeen to Lerwick, the capital (twice a week), and to Scalloway, the former capital, and other points (once a week).
- Besides Lerwick (q.v.) the county town, one of the most interesting places in the island is Scalloway (8S7), the ancient capital.
- Scalloway stands at the head of a bay and has.
- Trondra (151), "Trond's island," Trond being an old Norse personal name, in the mouth of Scalloway Bay.
- of Scalloway, and Papa (priest's isle, 16), to the E.Advertisement
- of Scalloway, and 16 m.