Scalariform sentence example
- Each strand of spiral or annular first-formed tracheids is called a protoxylem strand, as distinct from the metaxylem or rest of the xylem, which consists of thick-walled tracheids, the pits of which are often scalariform.
- The pitting of the tracheides is more or less scalariform in character, and is limited to the radial walls.
- insigne, has scalariform tracheides, and is traversed by regular medullary rays, but in the forms from later ' horizons the tracheides are reticulately pitted, and the rays are for the most part replaced by a network of xylem-parenchyma.
- N, One side of the end of hydroid (tracheid) of a Pteridophyte (fern), with scalariform pits.
- the pits may be separated by a network of thickenings when the tracheid is reticulate or they may be transversely elongated and separated by bars of thickening like the rungs of a ladder (scalariform thickening).Advertisement
- The scalariform hydroids of Ferns (fig.