Scabra sentence example
- Rhachiodontidae, represented by Dasypeltis scabra of tropical and S.
- scabra are the two kinds grown.
- Epidermal appendages are rare, the most frequent being marginal, saw-like, cartilaginous teeth, usually minute, but occasionally (Danthonia scabra, Panicum serratum) so large as to give the margin a serrate appearance.
- Heliopsis scabra ' Golden Double Hybrids ' - Masses of double and semi-double large golden yellow daisies, with strong stems.
- Kinds of easy culture:-G. brevidens, cruciata, dahurica, decumbens, Fetisowi, Kesselringii, macrophylla, Olivieri, phlogifolia, Przewaldskii, Saponaria, scabra, straminea, tibetica, Tianschanica, Walujewi, Weschniakowi.Advertisement
- Though the two kinds G. scabra and G. manicata greatly resemble each other, the leaves of G. manicata are more kidney-shaped and attain a much larger size, often measuring 4 to 6 feet across.
- The spikes of fruit are also much longer, and the secondary spikes are long and flexuose, where in G. scabra they are short and stiff.
- In small glades with rich soil a bold effect might be produced by a good selection of Rhubarbs with Ferulas, Heracleums, Rhubarbs, Acanthuses, Yuccas, the common Artichoke, Gunnera scabra, and other vigorous hardy plants.