Scabiei sentence example
- The itch-insect (Sarcoptes scabiei) is a well-known human parasite, so minute that it was not discovered until the end of the 18th century, and " the itch " was treated medicinally as a rash.
- (It is fair to say that these views were published in one of his later works.) In treatment of disease Hahnemann rejected entirely the notion of a vis medicatrix naturae, and was guided by his well-known principle 1 The itch (scabies) is really an affection produced by the presence in the skin of a species of mite (Acarus scabiei), and when this is destroyed or removed the disease is at an end.
- Sarcoptic Mange is caused by the mite Sarcoptes scabiei, which also causes human scabies.
- Scabies is a relatively contagious infection caused by a tiny mite called Sarcoptes scabiei.
- Occasionally, a type of mite carried on dogs (Sarcoptes scabiei var. canis) may infect humans.Advertisement