Sayyar sentence example
- Sayyar, a valiant soldier who had grown grey in war, and who, besides all his other capacities, was an excellent poet.
- Sayyar to collect a rich present of horses, falcons, musical instruments, golden and silver vessels and to offer it to the caliph in person, but before the present was ready the news came that Walid had been murdered.
- Sayyar, the governor of Khorasan, had not yet decided whether he ought to take the oath of allegiance when Yazid died, after a reign of only five months and a half, on the 12th of Dhu'l-Ilijja A.x.
- Sayyar did not at once acknowledge the Caliphate of Yazid III., but induced the Arab chiefs to accept himself as amir of Khorasan, until a caliph should be universally acknowledged.
- Sayyar, raised the standard of revolt in Samarkand, and, at the head of a numerous army, defeated the son of Ali b.Advertisement
- Sayyar into headlong flight,, and finally expelled Merwan.
- Sayyar, revolted in Samarkand, and Harun on his way to attack him died at Tus (809).