Saxonum sentence example
- The Lex Saxonum has come down to us in two MSS.
- The Lex Saxonum apparently dates from 803, since it contains provisions which are in the Capitulare legi Ribuariae additum of that year.
- The only part of the Historia which deserves to be treated as a historical document is the section known as the Genealogiae Saxonum (§§ 57-65).
- It goes back to the time of King Alfred, who seems to have frequently used the title rex Anglorum Saxonum or rex Angul-Saxonum.
- According to Abbo, followed by Florence of Worcester, he was "ex antiquorum Saxonum prosapia," which would seem to mean that he was of foreign origin and that he belonged to the OldAdvertisement