Saxoniae sentence example
- The land was divided into counties, which, however, were given to Saxon chiefs to administer, and it was probably on this occasion that the capitulatio de partibus Saxoniae was issued.
- About 850, however, he appointed a margrave to defend the Limes Saxoniae, a narrow strip of land on the eastern frontier, and this office was given to one Liudolf who had large estates in Saxony, and who was probably descended from an Engrian noble named Bruno.
- Collections which may be consulted are: Codex diplomaticus Saxoniae regiae (Leipzig, 1862-1879); the Archiv fir die sachsische Geschichte, edited by K.
- (1560); Poetarum veterum ecclesiasticorum opera Christiana (1562); De Re Poetica libri septem (1565); Rerum Misnicarum libri septem (1569); (posthumous) Originu7n illustrissimae stirpis Saxonicae libri septem (1597); Rerum Germaniae magnae et Saxoniae universae memorab'lium mirabiliumque volumina duo (1609).
- Saxoniae: " Si quis sanctum quadragesimale jejunium pro despectu Christianitatis contempserit et carnem comederit, morte moriatur.Advertisement
- It is preceded by two capitularies of Charlemagne for Saxony - the Capitulatio de partibus Saxoniae (A.