Saxemeiningen sentence example
- The manufacturing industry of SaxeMeiningen is active, especially in the districts of Sonneberg, Grafenthal and Saalfeld.
- SAALFELD, a town of Germany, in the duchy of SaxeMeiningen, picturesquely situated on the left bank of the Saale, 24 m.
- SONNEBERG, a town of Germany, in the duchy of SaxeMeiningen, situated in a narrow valley of the Thuringian forest, 13 m.
- At the partition of 1660 it fell to the share of Saxe-Altenburg, and in 1680 became the capital of SaxeMeiningen.
- In 1825 the extinction of the family ruling Saxe-Gotha made a rearrangement of the Saxon duchies necessary, and SaxeMeiningen benefited greatly by the settlement of 1826, its area being more than doubled by the receipt of 530 sq.Advertisement