Savigliano sentence example
- The duke fought desperately, but was taken ill at Savigliano and died in 1630.
- He next turned his attention to getting rid of the French garrisons; the negotiations proved long and troublesome, but in December 1562 the French departed on payment of 100,000 scudi, retaining only Pinerolo and Savigliano, and Turin became the capital once more.
- of France in 1 574 the new king, Henry III., passed through Piedmont on his way from Poland; Emmanuel gave him a magnificent reception, and obtained from him a promise that Pinerolo and Savigliano should be evacuated, which was carried out at the end of the year.
- GIOVANNI VIRGINIO SCHIAPARELLI (1835-1910), Italian astronomer and senator of the kingdom of Italy, was born on the 14th of March 1835 at Savigliano in Piedmont.
- SAVIGLIANO, a town of Piedmont, Italy, in the province of Cuneo, 32 m.Advertisement
- ANNIBALE SANTORRE DI ROSSI DE POMAROLO, COUNT OF SANTAROSA (1 783-18 25), Piedmontese insurgent, and leader in the revival (Resorgimento) of Italy, was born at Savigliano near Coni on the 18th of November 1783.