Savaric sentence example
- when Savaric Fitz-Cana held it of the honour of Arundel, then presumably in the king's hands.
- Franco de Bohun inherited Midhurst from his uncle Savaric Fitz-Savaric, and the De Bohuns held the lordship until 1499 when Sir David Owen obtained it through his marriage with the daughter of the last male heir.
- In the end of the 12th century, and on into the following, Glastonbury was distracted by a strange dispute, caused by the attempt of Savaric, the ambitious bishop of Bath, to make himself master of the abbey.
- The conflict was closed by the decision of Innocent III., that the abbacy should be merged in the new see of Bath and Glastonbury, and that Savaric should have a fourth of the property.
- On Savaric's death his successor gave up the joint bishopric and allowed the monks to elect their own abbot.Advertisement
- Green, "Dunstan at Glastonbury" and ' ` Giso and Savaric,"ib.
- 1863; Rev. Canon Jackson, ' ` Savaric, Bishop of Bath and Glastonbury," ib.