Saururae sentence example
- 2 This was done shortly afterwards by Professor Haeckel, who proposed the name Saururae for the group containing it.
- Saururae, Hackel; II.
- The Saururae have the metacarpals well developed and not ancylosed, and the caudal vertebrae are numerous and large, so that.
- Marsh states that he had fully satisfied himself that Archaeopteryx belonged to the Odontornithes, which he thought it advisable for the present to regard as a subclass, separated into three orders - Odontolcae, Odontotormae and Saururae - all well marked, but evidently not of equal rank, the last being clearly much more widely distinguished from the first two than they are from one another.
- The eighth order is formed by the Saururae.Advertisement
- Newton accepted the three subclasses of Huxley, Saururae, Ratitae and Carinitae, and made a series of cautious but critical observations on the minor divisions of the Carinates.
- Subclassis Saururae Order.
- Haeckel established the subclass Saururae, containing solely Archaeopteryx, in opposition to the Ornithurae, comprising all the other birds.