Sato sentence example
- Sato described evidence that there is a gravity wave source in the southern winter polar stratosphere.
- Korean born Linda Park speaks three languages (English, Korean and Spanish) which are appropriate for her role as Ensign Hoshi Sato.
- As Sato, it was Park's job to translate the numerous unknown languages encountered by the Enterprise crew.
- Sato would also be instrumental in the development of a translator program that would eventually become the Universal Translator.
- Linda Park debuted on the television teen drama Popular and the feature film Jurassic Park III before winning the role of linguist Ensign Hoshi Sato.Advertisement
- In lieu of a Universal Translator, the Enterprise relied on Ensign Hoshi Sato (Linda Park) a gift linguist who not only spoke multiple languages, but was able to parse out the phonetic keys to understanding new languages.