Sativus sentence example
- Napus), Raphanus sativus (radish), Cochlearia Armor acia (horse-radish), Nasturtium officinale (water - cress), showing Flower and Fruit.
- Lilac: C. asturicus, cancellatus var., cilicicus, byzantinus (iridiflorus), longiflorus, medius, nudiflorus, pulchellus, Salzmanni, sativus vars.
- za`faran), a product manufactured from the dried stigmas and part of the style of the saffron crocus, a cultivated form of Crocus sativus; some of the wild forms (var.
- karkom), the stigmata of Crocus sativus, a native originally of Kashmir; spikenard (Heb.
- Pine-apple (Ananas sativus) much reduced.Advertisement
- other pod-fruits largely cultivated are various kinds of beans and peas, lentils (Ervum lens), Spanish lentils (Lcithyrus sativus) and other species of Lathyrus, lupines, &c. The principal fodder-crops are lucerne (Medicago saliva) and esparcette (a variety of sainfoin).
- crocus sativus corms Talking of problems, I always have problems with Crocus sativus.
- Crocus sativus corms Talking of problems, I always have problems with crocus sativus corms Talking of problems, I always have problems with Crocus sativus.
- Among favourite native vegetables, the following may be mentioned: - the egg-plant, called brinjal or baigan (Solanum Melongena), potatoes, cabbages, cauliflower, radishes, onions, garlic, turnips, yams, and a great variety of cucurbitaceous plants, including Cucumis sativus, Cucurbita maxima, Lagenaria vulgaris, Trichosanthes dioica, and Benincasa cerifera.
- Taken from the saffron crocus (Crocus sativus), saffron refers to the dried stigmas of the flower.Advertisement