Satis sentence example
- prohibited interference with the synagogue worship ("Judaeorum sectarn nulla lege prohibitam satis constat "), and in 412 a special edict of protection was issued.
- Guru Amar Das also discountenanced the practice of suttee, saying: "They are not satis who burn themselves with the dead.
- satullus, full-fed (satur, satiated, satis, enough).
- annorum, ingenio mathematico aliisque dotibus satis instructo," Coin.
- Ludolf, writes in his preface: "Quamobrem nullum gratius officium Christianae huic nationi a me praestari posse putavi, quam si Psalterium Aethiopicum, quod apud illos non aliter quam in membrana manuscriptum habetur, et taro satis venditur, typis mandari, ejusque plurima exemplaria nomine Societatis Indicae in Habessinia gratis distribui curarem."Advertisement
- KHNTJM or KHNOUM, a ram-headed god, whose principal place of worship was the island of Elephantine (there associated with Satis and Anukis), but also revered elsewhere, e.g.
- As examples of such triads, vs they are called, may be mentioned that of Thebes, consisting if Ammon, Mut and Chons, father, mother and child; and as :ypical of the other kind, where a god was accompanied by two ~oddesses, that of Elephantine, consisting of Khnum, Satis and 5tnukis.
- They also ought to be considered satis who abide in charity and contentment, who serve and, when rising, ever remember their lord."