Sartor sentence example
- A passing admiration for a Miss Gordon is supposed to have suggested the " Blumine " of Sartor Resartus; but he made no new friendships, and when Irving left at the end of 1818 Carlyle also resigned his post.
- At last, one day in June 1821, after three weeks' total sleeplessness, he went through the crisis afterwards described quite " literally " in Sartor Resartus.
- He laboured " passionately " at Sartor Resartus, and made articles out of fragments originally intended for the history of German literature.
- He made some engagements with publishers, though no one would take Sartor Resartus, and returned to Craigenputtock in the spring of 1832.
- Sartor Resartus was at last appearing in Fraser's Magazine, though the rate of payment was cut down, and the publisher reported that it was received with " unqualified dissatisfaction."Advertisement
- The failure of Sartor Resartus to attract average readers is quite intelligible.