Sarospatak sentence example
- His education was completed at the Calvinist college of Sarospatak and at the university of Budapest.
- The last years of Bela's life were embittered by the ingratitude of his son Stephen, who rebelled continuously against his father and ultimately compelled him to divide the kingdom with him, the younger prince setting up a capital of his own at Sarospatak, and following a foreign policy directly contrary to that of his father.
- If Transylvania be excepted, three separate zones are roughly 'distinguishable: the " highland," comprising the counties in the vicinity of the Northern and Eastern Carpathians, where the winters are very severe and continue for half the year; the " intermediate " zone, embracing the country stretching northwards from the Drave and Mur, with the Little Hungarian Plain, and the region of the Upper Alfold, extending from Budapest to Nyiregyhaza and Sarospatak; and the " great lowland " zone, including the main portion of the Great Hungarian Plain, and the region of the lower Danube, where the heat during the summer months is almost tropical.
- His translation of the Iliad appeared at Sarospatak in 1821.
- The principal places where the wine is produced are Tarczal, Talya, Mad, Liszka, Tokaj, Tolcsva, Sarospatak, Keresztur, and Zsadany.Advertisement