Sarepta sentence example
- Tsaritsyn is also the centre of the trade in the mustard of Sarepta, Dubovka and the neighbourhood.
- Dr Leche also institutes a comparison between the skeletons of the wild and the tame Bactrian camel with the remains of certain fossil Asiatic camels, namely, Camelus knoblochi from Sarepta, Russia, and C. alutensis from the Aluta valley, Rumania.
- Sor, now Sur), Zarephath or Sarepta (1 Kings xvii.
- For the geography and civilization of Canaan about 1400 B.C. we have valuable evidence in the Egyptian papyrus Anastasi I., which mentions Kepuna (Gubna, Gebal-Byblus) the holy city, and continues: " Come then to Berytus, to Sidon, to Sarepta.
- In her expedition to the East, the Paula mentioned above visited, among other places, Sarepta and Caesarea.Advertisement
- s From the annals of the Moravian community of Sarepta on the Volga, Geschichte der Brider-Gemeinde Sarepta, by A.
- Glitsch (Sarepta and Berlin, 1865); also Tholozan, Epidemies de peste du Caucase (Paris, 1879).
- In search of a gravelly spawning-ground the sturgeon go up the river as far as Sarepta (250 m.).
- In 1815 he went with his family to Sarepta, where he joined the Moravian community and again became strongly orthodox.