Santis sentence example
- Biblia Sacra ex Santis Pagnini tralatione.
- It is built in a smiling green hollow on the left bank of the Sitter stream, which is formed by the union of several mountain torrents descending from the Santis.
- by road south-east of Appenzell is Weissbad, a well-known goat's whey cure establishment, while 12 hours above it is the quaint little chapel of Wildkirchli, built (1648) in a rock cavern, on the way to the Santis.
- Santis .
- It is an alpine region, particularly in its south portion, where rises the Alpstein limestone range (culminating in the Santis, 8216 ft.), though towards the north the surface is composed rather of green hills, separating green hollows in which nestle neat villages and small towns.Advertisement
- It is mainly watered by two streams that descend from the Santis, the Urnasch joining the Sitter (on which is the capital, Appenzell), which later flows into the Thur.
- From 1798 to 1803 Appenzell, with the other domains of the abbot of St Gall, was formed into the canton Santis of the Helvetic Republic, but in 1803, on the creation of the new canton of St Gall, shrank back within its former boundaries.