Santerre sentence example
- ANTOINE JOSEPH SANTERRE (1752-1809), French revolutionist, was born in Paris on the 16th of March 1752.
- Santerre was appointed marechal de camp on the 23rd of October 1792, and subsequently general of division.
- He was variously reported to have been wounded and killed in this affair, and the wits of the reactionary party circulated his epitaph: Ci-git le general Santerre Qui n'eut de Mars que la biere.
- Carro, Santerre general de la republique francaise (Paris, 1847), compiled from Santerre's MS. notes; P. Robiquet, Le Personnel municipal de Paris pendant la Revolution (Paris, 1890); C. L.
- Chassin, La Vendee et la Chouannerie (Paris, 1892 seq.); "L'Etat des services de Santerre dresse par lui-meme," in the third volume of Souvenirs et memoires (1899), published by Paul Bonnefon.Advertisement
- Jean Baptiste Santerre >>