Sanquhar sentence example
- Mary fled 60 miles from the field of her last battle before she halted at Sanquhar, and for three days of flight, according to her own account, had to sleep on the hard ground, live on oatmeal and sour milk, and fare at night like the owls, in hunger, cold and fear.
- Sanquhar Castle, on a hill overlooking the Nith, once belonged to the Crichtons, ancestors of the marquess of Bute, but is now a ruin.
- They maintained, however, their cherished covenants with a zeal which persecution only intensified; in 1680 the more extreme members of the party signed a document known as the "Sanquhar Declaration," and were afterwards called Cameronians from the name of their leader, Richard Cameron.
- On his return he joined Richard Cameron in publishing the Sanquhar declaration, and boldly excommunicated the king and his officials.
- With Dumfries, Kirkcudbright, Lochmaben and Sanquhar, Annan unites in sending one member to parliament.Advertisement