Sannikov sentence example
- There seems, moreover, to be land due north of Kotelnyi Island in 78° N., first sighted by Sannikov and described as Sannikov Land.
- Basalts and Tertiary brown coal deposits enter into the composition of the southern extremity of Bennett Island, and the mountains of Sannikov Land, seen by Toll, have the aspect of basaltic "table mountains."
- Sannikov, with a party of hunters, discovered in1805-1808Stolbovyi, Thaddeus and New Siberia Islands, and a merchant, Byelkov, the Byelkovskyi Islands.
- A Russian officer named Hedenstrbm, accompanied by Sannikov, explored the archipelago and published a map of it in 1811.
- There seems, moreover, to be land due north of Kotelnyi Island in 78Ã‚° N., first sighted by Sannikov and described as Sannikov Land.Advertisement