Sankt sentence example
- SANKT POLTEN, an old town and episcopal see of Austria, in Lower Austria, 38 m.
- The industries include cotton spinning and milling, as well as the manufacture of iron and hardware, and small arms. Sankt Polten was an inhabited place in the Roman period.
- See Lampel, Urkundenbuch des Chorherrenstifts Sankt Pollen (Wien, 1891-1901, 2 vols.).
- Sankt Johann (pop. 1343) was one xxiv.
- The southern part of the province belongs to the Karst region, and here are situated the famous cascades and grottoes of Sankt Kanzian, where the river Reka begins its subterranean course.Advertisement
- According to a probable hypothesis it is a continuation of the above-mentioned river Reka, which is lost near Sankt Kanzian.
- Sankt Johann >>
- = Sankt, Saint; C. = Canal; G.