Sanguinea sentence example
- sanguinea or N.
- Formica sanguinea is a well-known European slavemaking ant that inhabits England; its workers raid the nests of F.
- sanguinea can live either with or without slaves, but another European ant (Polyergus rufescens) is so dependent on its slaves - various species of Formica - that its workers are themselves unable to feed the larvae.
- - Flower of Datura sanguinea visited by humming-bird Docirnastes ensiferus.
- sanguinea and its varieties are charming and brilliant border plants with scarlet flowers in long racemes.Advertisement
- Such a species as Delesseria sanguinea or Callophyllis laciniata would on the contrary run great risk by exposure for even a short period.
- Heuchera sanguinea Evergreen clumps of leaves with various silver veinings, purple shadings or gray to pewter bloomed surface.
- Common Dogwood (Cornus sanguinea) Native hedgerow shrub.
- European dogwood, Cornus sanguinea, was prized for its extremely hard wood, which was used for making shuttles and handles for various tools, undoubtedly including daggers.
- There is a variety called sanguinea, with deeper colored flowers.Advertisement