Sangay sentence example
- At the same time Cotopaxi and Sangay, the two active volcanoes, have actually increased in elevation since the measurement of La Condamine in 1742.
- Sangay, or Sangai, the next and last large volcano to the south, is in a state of frequent eruption, however, and is known as one of the most restless volcanoes of the world.
- Though of great interest to scientific investigators because of this unceasing activity, and of its peculiar position in the Andean system, and because of the difficult and dangerous country by which it is surrounded, Sangay has been but rarely visited by European travellers.
- It is formed from a multitude of water-courses which descend the slopes of the Ecuadorian Andes south of the gigantic volcano of Sangay; but it soon reaches the plain, which commences where it receives its Cusulima branch.
- Canoes may ascend many of its branches, especially the Cusulima and the Miazal, the latter almost to the base of Sangay.Advertisement
- Sangay (17,380 ft.), under the equator, according to Wolff, appears to be the most active volcano in the world.