Sanatruces sentence example
- and his son Sanatruces II., 115; Parthamaspates, 116-117; and other pretenders.) Mithradates V...
- SANATRUCES (Sanatruces, Pers.
- It was perhaps a Parthian governor of Mesopotamia that was called in to help Strato of Beroea against Demetrius III.; but before long Mesopotamia (especially the district of Nisibis) was attached to the growing dominions of Armenia under its ambitious king Tigranes, perhaps with the consent of Sinatruces (Sanatruces).
- confused the situation was is shown by the fact that in 76 B.C. the octogenarian king Sanatruces was seated on the Parthian throne by the Scythian tribe of the Sacaraucians (ci.
- Not till Sanatruces successor Phraates III.Advertisement
- and hb son Sanatruces II.
- In Mesopotamia a brother of Osroes, Meherdates (Mithradates IV.), and his son Sanatruces II.
- Another Sanatruces (Sanatrucius) is mentioned as an ephemeral Parthian king in A.D.