Samur sentence example
- The next most important stream, out of the great number which course down the flanks of the Caucasus and terminate in the Caspian, is the Samur.
- The province is divided into nine districts - Temir-khan-shura, Avar, Andi, Gunib, Dargo, Kazikumukh, Kaitago-Tabasaran, Kurin, and Samur.
- Cholet, Bressuire, Fontenay-le-Comte and Samur were surprised.
- Ajmere is almost totally devoid of rivers, the Banas being the only stream which can be dignified with that name, and it only touches the south-eastern boundary of the district so as to irrigate the pargana of Samur.
- Sulak, Samur), that drain the northern slopes of the Caucasus.Advertisement
- m., the Samur 4250 sq.
- The best known are the Krestovaya Gora (7805 ft.) on the Georgian military road, south of Darial; Kodor (93 00 ft.) and Satskheni, leading up from Telav in the upper valley of the Alazan; and Gudur (10,120 ft.) and Salavat (9280 ft.), carrying the Akhty military road from the valley of the Samur up past the Shah-dagh and the Bazar-dyusi to the valley of the Alazan.
- The only other stream deserving of mention in this province is the Samur.