Samuel pepys sentence example
- On the 7th of June 1665 Samuel Pepys for the first time saw two or three houses marked with the red cross and the words " Lord, have mercy upon us," on the doors.
- It consists mainly of one broad street, in which a majority of the houses are Jacobean; those on the north side, which have projecting upper storeys, forming the colonnade commended in the Diary of Samuel Pepys for 1668.
- In the long list of the honorary burgesses of his suite is found the name of Samuel Pepys.
- Steve Coogan is to star as Samuel Pepys in a BBC drama about the 17th century diarist.
- Diarist Samuel Pepys took advantage of its many inns, including the falcon in 1662.Advertisement
- Dr. Johnson and Samuel Pepys would probably have a punch-up trying to decide who should lay claim to Fleet Street.
- Introducing the expenditure strategy, Shadow Chancellor Oliver Letwin even remarked that Samuel Pepys once ran the navy almost single-handed.