Samolus sentence example
- opposite to its lobes; this anomalous position is generally explained by assuming that an outer whorl of stamens opposite the sepals has disappeared, though sometimes represented by scales as in Samolus and Soldanella.
- The superior ovary - half-inferior in Samolus - bears a simple style ending in a capitate entire stigma, and contains a free-central placenta bearing generally a large number of ovules, which are exceptional in the group Gamopetalae in having two integuments.
- (P, N, p, n, X I I o.) Samolus, anatropous with the hilum basal - together with the method of dehiscence of the capsule and the relative position of the ovary.
- In other cases, as in Samolus, the scales are alternate with the petals, and may represent altered stamens.
- Samolus - S. littoralis is a pretty trailing plant, with long slender stems, small evergreen foliage, and numerous pink blossoms in summer.Advertisement