Sameas sentence example
- Of all the Sanhedrin only Sameas " a righteous man and therefore superior to fear " dared to speak.
- Pollio the Pharisee and Sameas his disciple were in special honour with him, Josephus says, when he re-entered Jerusalem and put to death the leaders of the faction of Antigonus.
- Though hard pressed by poverty, he applied himself to study in the schools of Shemaiah and Abtalion (Sameas and Pollion in Josephus).
- Only Sameas, a Pharisee, dared to insist upon the legal verdict of condemnation.
- The action of the Sanhedrin and the presence of the women suppliants in the Temple suggest, if the y do not prove, that this Hezekiah who harassed the Syrians was a Jewish patriot, who could not acquiesce and wait with Sameas.Advertisement