Salut sentence example
- Many believed that the end of autocracy had come, and an extemporized Council of Labour Deputies, anxious to play the part of a Comite de Salut Public, was ready to take over the supreme power and exercise it in the interests of the proletariat.
- The most famous of these committees are those of Public Safety, of General Security, of Education (Comite de salut public, Comite de siirete generale, Comite de l'instruction).
- Aulard, Recueil des actes du comite de Salut Public avec la correspondance olicielle des representants en mission, et le registre du conseil executif provisoire (Paris, 1889 et seq.); 1'vI.
- While retaining for a time the old ministers who had served and overthrown the emperor Paul, one of the first acts of his reign was to appoint a secret committee, called ironically the " Comite du salut public," consisting of young and enthusiastic friends of his own - Victor Gavovich Kochubey, Nikolai Nikolaevich Novosiltsov, Paul Alexandrovich Strogonov and Adam Czartoryski - to draw up a scheme of internal reform.
- The principal documents relative to the trial of Collot d'Herbois, Barere and Billaud-Varenne are indicated in Aulard, Recueil des actes du comite de salut public, t.Advertisement
- To him we owe the Recueil des actes du conzite de salut public ((vol.
- Gros, Le Comite de salut public (1893); and E.