Salus sentence example
- 26, 2), but it is first clearly set forth by Cyprian, and receives from him its classical expression in the famous sentence " Salus extra ecclesiam non est" (Ep. 73, 21; cf.
- The badge is the black double-headed eagle surrounded by a blue-enamelled ornamented border, with the inscription Salus et Gloria on a white fillet; the eagle bears a red Greek cross with gold and blue borders.
- QUINTUS FABIUS PICTOR, the father of Roman history, was born about 254 B.C. He was the grandson of Gaius Fabius, who received the surname Pictor for his painting of the temple of Salus (302).
- In 302 B.C. a temple was dedicated to Salus on the Quirinal (Livy x.
- In 180 B.C., on the occasion of a plague, vows were made to Apollo, Aesculapius and Salus (Livy xl.Advertisement
- Her proper name as a Romanized Greek importation was Valetudo, but she was gradually identified with Salus, an older genuine Italian divinity, to whom a temple had already been erected in 302.
- A central aspect of his political philosophy was his emphasis on the general public well being - ' salus populi est suprema lex ' .
- In Politicks Salus populi suprema lex, In private concerns Quod tibi fieri?
- SALUS, in Roman mythology the personification of health and prosperity.
- That the prince should have felt compelled in the last resort to take up arms for the Union against the attempt of the province of Holland to defy the authority of the Generality may be justified by the plea reipublicae salus suprema lex.Advertisement
- Saint Louis University, Salus Center 3545 Lafayette Ave. St. Louis, MO 63104.