Salis sentence example
- His father, Ebenezer Webster (1739-1806), was a sturdy frontiers - man; when, in 1763, he built his log cabin in the town of Salis - bury there was no habitation between him and Canada.
- Gladstone..1880-1885Marquess of Salis bury...1885-1886W.
- 1886 Marquess of Salis bury.1886-1892W.
- 1892-1894 Earl of Rosebery1894-1895Marquess of Salis bury..1895-1902A.
- Valentin Smith (Paris, 1889 seq.); and by von Salis (1892) in the 4to series of the Mon.Advertisement
- Glauber showed how to prepare hydrochloric acid, spiritus salis, by heating rock-salt with sulphuric acid, the method in common use to-day; and also nitric acid from saltpetre and arsenic trioxide.
- von Salis of Coire.
- along its frontier, the Pernau, Salis, Livonian Aa and Embach are navigable.
- He was lucky enough at once to find a post as principal of the educational institution established in his château at Marschlins by the Swiss statesman Ulysses von Salis (1728-1800).
- The school had languished since the death of its founder and first head, Martin Planta (1727-1772), and von Salis hoped to revive it by reconstituting it as a "Philanthropin" under Bahrdt's management.Advertisement
- The experiment was a failure; Bahrdt, never at ease under the strict discipline maintained by von Salis, resigned in 1777, and the school was closed.
- De Salis, Bradshaw's Canals and Navigable Rivers of England and Wales (London, 1904); Report of Royal Commission on Canals (London, 1909).
- The first of these extends from the southern border at Markelo to the Lemeler hill (262 ft.) near the confluence of the Vecht and Regge, and forms the watershed between the Regge and the Salland streams (Sala, whence Salis, Isala, Ysel), which unite at Zwolle to form the Zwarte Water.
- He was lucky enough at once to find a post as principal of the educational institution established in his chÃ¢teau at Marschlins by the Swiss statesman Ulysses von Salis (1728-1800).