Salim sentence example
- Jerome and others have identified Salim with one or other of the various places which bear that name, e.g.
- " City of Salim" or "City of Peace," many years before the Israelites under Joshua entered Canaan.
- His name was Salim, but he assumed the title of Jahangir, "Conqueror of the World," on his accession.
- A little later (January 1657) he suppressed with ruthless severity a rising of the spahis; a certain Sheik Salim, leader of the fanatical mob of the capital, was drowned in the Bosporus; and the Greek Patriarch, who had written to the voivode of Wallachia to announce the approaching downfall of Islam, was hanged.
- Two of them died in youth, the victims of intemperance; and the third, Salim, afterwards the emperor Jahangir, was frequently in rebellion against his father.Advertisement