Salihia sentence example
- of Tanta, with manufactories of silk and cottons; Salihia (6100), E.N.E.
- His name is commemorated by the town of Salihia, which he built in the year 1246 as a resting-place for his armies on their marches through the desert from Egypt to Palestine.
- Before Kotuz had reigned a year he was murdered at Salihia by his lieutenant Bibars (October 23rd, 1260), who was piqued, it is said, at the governorship of Aleppo being with- R ~
- He accordingly started for Egypt at the head of an army of 8000 men, and on the i9th of April met the army of AbulDhahab at Salihia.
- He shortly afterwards received permission from the Porte to invade Syria, with the view of punishing All Beys supporter ~ahir, and left as his deputies in Cairo Ismgil Bey and Ibrahim Bey, who, by deserting All at the battle of Salihia, had brought about his downfall.Advertisement
- After taking many cities in Palestine Abul-Dhahab died, the cause being unknown; and Murad Bey (another of the deserters at Salihia) brought his forces back to Egypt (26th of May 1775).