Saliers sentence example
- Amy Ray and Emily Saliers - better known as the Indigo Girls - have enjoyed an unlikely amount of mainstream pop success for a primarily folk group.
- Ray and Saliers are also known for their political activism.
- Ray and Saliers have been friends since childhood.
- They were not friends at first since Saliers was a year ahead of Ray in school, but they became closer friends in high school.
- During their high school years, Ray and Saliers began to play music together.Advertisement
- They formed the B-Band, and then began to perform as Saliers and Ray.
- They disbanded their groups when they went their separate ways for college - Saliers to Tulane and Ray to Vanderbilt.
- Saliers had been successfully running her own independent label since 1990, so they used her experience to land a distribution deal with Vanguard Records.
- In addition to their Indigo Girls work, Saliers and Ray both release music as solo artists and frequently tour independently.
- Over the course of their careers, Saliers and Ray have used their celebrity to support a wide variety of political causes.Advertisement
- Amy Ray and Emily Saliers, also known as the Indigo Girls, got their start in 1985 in Atlanta, GA.