Salernitan sentence example
- This we may call the pre-Arabian or Salernitan period.
- In the 9th century Salernitan physicians were already spoken of, and the city was known as Civitas hippocratica.
- The teachings of the Salernitan doctors are pretty well known.
- None of these Salernitan works rise much above the rank of compilations, being founded on Hippocrates, Galen and later Greek writers, with an unmistakable mixture of the doctrines of the methodists.
- For some time the Salernitan medicine held its ground, and it was not till the conquest of Toledo by Alphonso of Castile that any large number of Western scholars came in contact with the learning of the Spanish Moors, and systematic efforts were made to translate their philosophical and medical works.Advertisement
- The malcontents were led by the Salernitan noble Giovanni da Procida, a friend of the emperor Frederick and of Manfred, who had taken refuge at the court of Peter III.