Saldivar sentence example
- At the young age of 23, her life was snuffed by the president of her official fan club, Yolanda Saldivar.
- Selena and Saldivar had been arguing about missing papers and tax receipts when Saldivar fired her gun.
- It was after the release of Ven Conmigo that Selena and her family, who now worked in various roles on her team, met Yolando Saldivar.
- Saldivar was a huge Selena fan and approached the family with the idea of setting up a fan club, which she would run.
- The Quintanilla family had recently fired fan club president Saldivar, who was also managing some of Selena's clothing stores, for embezzling money.Advertisement
- Saldivar asked Selena to meet with her a few weeks after the firing under the guise of giving her financial papers for tax purposes.
- Selena went to Saldivar's hotel room at a Corpus Christi Days Inn.
- Once Selena arrived at the hotel, instead of giving her the papers, Saldivar told Selena that she had been raped.
- After returning to the hotel, Selena demanded the papers and reportedly called Saldivar a liar.
- Saldivar pulled a gun and shot Selena as the singer tried to escape.Advertisement
- In the meantime, Saldivar engaged in a 10-hour standoff with police as she sat in her pick-up truck with a gun pointed at her head.