Salading sentence example
- - Queen; Early White Naples: these two sorts also excellent for sowing in autumn for spring salading.
- Sow salading every ten days; also carrots, onions and radishes for drawing young; and chicory for salads; sow endive for a full crop. In the first week sow Early Munich and Golden Ball turnips for succession, and in the third week for a full autumn crop. Sow scarlet and white runner beans for a late crop, and cabbages for coleworts.
- - Sow small salading for late crops; and lettuce and spinach, if not done last month, for spring crops.
- - Sow small salading and radishes in the first week, and lettuces in frames on a shallow hotbed for planting out in spring.
- Sow vegetable marrows and hardy cucumbers on a warm border in the last week; sow cardoons in trenches, or (in the north) in pots under glass shelter; sow chicory for salading.Advertisement