Sakchegeuzu sentence example
- Sakchegeuzu (Sakcheguzu), a site with several mounds between Sinjerli and Aintab; series of reliefs, once wall-dados, now in Berlin and Constantinople.
- The subjects depicted are processions of figures, human and divine (Yasili Kaya, Euyuk, Giaur Kalessi); scenes of sacrifice or adoration, or other cult-practice (Yasili Kaya, Euyuk, Fraktin, Ivriz, and perhaps the figures seated beside tables at Marash Sakchegeuzu, Sinjerli, &c.); of the chase (Arslan Tepe, Sakchegeuzu); but not, as known at present, of battle.
- Nor, except provisionally, has the pottery, found at Sakchegeuzu.
- He was possibly right as regards the Sinjerli and Sakchegeuzu sculptures, which are of provincial appearance.
- (d) Sculptured porticoes of temples or palaces uncovered at Sakchegeuzu and Tell Halaf (see above).Advertisement