Sahl sentence example
- Sahl, a Zoroastrian of great influence, who in 806 had adopted Islam, reanimated his courage, and pointed out to him that certain death awaited him at Bagdad.
- Sahl had, through a secret agent, induced Fadl b.
- Sahl, surnamed Dhu`l-Riyasatain, or "the man with two governments," because his master had committed to him both the ministry of war and the general administration.
- Sahl, to whose service he owed his success, he not only chose him as prime minister of the empire, but also named his brother, Hasan b.
- Sahl was defeated, and Abu`l-Saraya, no longer content to play a second part, poisoned his chief, Ibn Tabataba, and put in his place another of the family of Ali, Mahommed b.Advertisement
- Sahl hastily sent a messenger to Harthama b.
- Sahl, but proceeded towards Mer y with the purpose of telling Mamun that the state of affairs was not as Fadl b.
- Sahl represented it to him, and urging him to come to Bagdad, where his presence was necessary.
- Sahl, called by them the Majuzi ("the Zoroastrian"), who had chosen Madain for his residence, and put at their head Mansur, a son of Mandi, who refused to assume the title of caliph, but consented to be Mamun's vicegerent instead of Hasan b.
- Sahl, whose daughter Baran he afterwards married.Advertisement
- Sahl had become insane.