Saginata sentence example
- A, portions of Taenia saginata; X 2.
- saginata, showing ripe uterus; X 2.
- The tapeworm, Taenia saginata, throws off eleven proglottides a day during its mature stage, and if this rate of increase were maintained for a year the total weight of its progeny would be about 550 grammes.
- saginata (fig.
- - For practical purposes we have only three varieties of tapeworms to deal with as inhabitants of the human alimentary canal: Taenia saginata, the beef tapeworm; Taenia solium, the pork tapeworm; and Dibothriocephalus latus, the fish tapeworm.Advertisement
- Comparatively uncommon in Western Europe, the Taenia saginata is common in Eastern Europe, Asia and South America.
- In the Taenia solium it takes 3 to 3z months from the time of ingestion of the embryo to the passage of the matured segments, but in the Taenia saginata the time is only about 60 days.
- those of the Taenia saginata singly.
- saginata, showing the generative organs: n., nervous system; ex., longitudinal excretory tubes; tr., transverse vessel; g.p., genital papilla; cl., cloaca; c.p., cirrus pouch; v.d., vas deferens; testes; v., vagina; ov.