Sagesse sentence example
- Des causes preparees par sa Sagesse font developper de toutes parts les Germes.
- Nau, Histoire et sagesse d'Ahikar l'Assyrien (Paris, 1909), p. 288 sqq.
- More inclined than Montaigne to give a religious turn to his reflections was his friend Pierre Charron (1541-1603), who in his book De la sagesse systematized in somewhat scholastic fashion the train of thought which we find in the Essais.
- In 1601 Charron published at Bordeaux his third and most remarkable work - the famous De la sagesse, a complete popular system of moral philosophy.
- The De la sagesse, which represented a considerable advance on the standpoint of the Trois Verites, brought upon its author the most violent attacks, the chief being by the Jesuit Francois Garasse (1585-1631), who described him as a "brutal atheist."Advertisement
- A summary and defence of the Sagesse, written shortly before his death, appeared in 1606.
- In 1604 his friend Michel de la Rochemaillet prefixed to an edition of the Sagesse a Life, which depicts Charron as a most amiable man of purest character.
- sein Werk, De la sagesse (Leipzig, 1890); H.
- An excellent abridgment of the Sagesse is given in Tennemann's Philosophie, vol.